The Merit Commissioner conducts special audits and studies on appointment types and other issues that have the potential to impact merit-based hiring in the public service.
Prior to 2012, these reports were included as part of the Merit Commissioner’s Annual Report.
- Lessened Qualifications – Special Study 2023
- Eligibility Lists – Special Study 2021
- Audit of Direct Appointments (published March 2019)
- Audit of Auxiliary Appointments 2017/18
- Special Study – Self-Assessment Questionnaires 2015
- Behavioural Interviewing Special Study Report 2014
- Short-Term Temporary Appointments Special Audit Report 2012
- Special Audits of Hiring Pools 2011/2012
- Special Audit of Auxiliary Appointments 2010
- Special Audit of Short-Term Temporary Appointments 2009/2010
- Special Audit of Direct Appointments 2007